[HOW TO] Swype on MIUI

• Hi there,
    after weeks of problems and thousands of frustrating unsuccessful tries - I finally have found a way to get Swype work on MIUI 100%.
    For those, who don`t know about Swype:
    Swype is, in my opinion, the best keyboard you can get on your Android (and it`s FREE!).

Here is what I did to get my copy of the Swype Beta working:
    1.) Registrate yourself with an emailadress and password on: beta.swype.com
    2.) Get the Swype Installer from beta.swype.com/android/get/
    3.) Choose "Install"
    4.) Login with your account you just have created.
    5.) The Installer will ask you to download Swype. Choose "Swype Full Beta" and submit
    6.) That`s the keypoint now. After downloading Swype the Installer tries to license your copy. This will work on other ROMs automatically. On MIUI it doesn`t, because you can`t disable a keyboard completely - but Swype needs to be disabled to get the right license.
    So here is what you have to do:
    Wait until a screen appears that is telling you things like "Thanks, installation complete - click finish"
    DON`T HIT "FINISH"!
    Press the home button on your mobile. Navigate to Options/Programs/Installed Programs (or something like that, got the german version running, so I don`t know what it`s exactly named)
    Look for "Swype"(not the "Swype Installer"), hit it and choose "force stop"(or something like that).
    Press your home button again for about 3 seconds and hit the running swype progress.
    There should be two buttons "Select Swype" and "Enable Swype". Hit Enable first, Select after that and in the menu showing up "finish".
    7.)Congrats, that`s it. Now navigate Options/System/Keyboards/Swype Options/ and choose the language you want to swype.
    Have fun.

This is written in english to help as many people get swype running as I can.
    Greedz Bulebu

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!