[ROM][I9000]MIUI v4 I9000 2.8.10

• I tried 2.7.27 here's my feedback:
    - Videocamera is still not working - can only make pictures
    And there's a big problem for me: After using it for a while, and then when trying to reboot i experience bootloop. That happened to me with the 2.7.25 version and yesterday with the new version as well. The only solution i found was re
    installation.

Right now i'm using your MIUI.us_I9000_v4_2.7.23_Eng_Deo_ZipA version and it works fine for me. I was wondering if thers is a way to give this ROM a language pack...

• I tried 2.7.27 here's my feedback:
    - Videocamera is still not working - can only make pictures
    And there's a big problem for me: After using it for a while, and then when trying to reboot i experience bootloop. That happened to me with the 2.7.25 version and yesterday with the new version as well. The only solution i found was re
    installation.

Right now i'm using your MIUI.us_I9000_v4_2.7.23_Eng_Deo_ZipA version and it works fine for me. I was wondering if thers is a way to give this ROM a language pack...

yes the video camera is ongoing and im trying to get the miui-germany camera working. i usually copy over the camera.apk from my miui.us rom. i want to make the german apk work. i will continue copy over the other camera.apk on future release until i find out why this one not work right.
    the bootloop shouldnt happen. maybe on next release or if you want to try this release again. when you wipe, wipe the system as well you should only have to do this once for i have found a working base and will be keeping this base for now on. After wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe system you should be able to just flash future releases over top without a problem. I have done this n past 2 releases and current release.

If you still have trouble let me know and i will look into this some more for you.

Hope i was helpful :)

• Sorry i totally forgot to answer your language pack question.

I am currently looking into adding multilanguage but everything i have found about adding language packs involves editing every apk on the rom. im sorry i dont have the time to do this. im sure there is another way and hope there is i am not going to stop looking tho.
    What language pack are you referring to?

• You don't need it, lbe guard is already included in MIUI.

That's true, but the standalone LBE has the ability to determine how an app can access the Internet (WiFi, 3G or not). This feature will be helpful if an app does not run if it e.g. won't run if it cannot read your IMEI. So you can allow to read the IMEI but deny access to the internet.That's a feature I realy miss in MIUI.

• Hi Brad, thanks for your answers.

Sorry i totally forgot to answer your language pack question.

I am currently looking into adding multilanguage but everything i have found about adding language packs involves editing every apk on the rom. im sorry i dont have the time to do this. im sure there is another way and hope there is i am not going to stop looking tho.
    What language pack are you referring to?

I would like to have a german version. I don't know about the .apk files. On my phone a lot of apps have german languge. Its more the settings and file explorer that i'd like to have in german.

yes the video camera is ongoing and im trying to get the miui-germany camera working. i usually copy over the camera.apk from my miui.us rom. i want to make the german apk work. i will continue copy over the other camera.apk on future release until i find out why this one not work right.

the bootloop shouldnt happen. maybe on next release or if you want to try this release again. when you wipe, wipe the system as well you should only have to do this once for i have found a working base and will be keeping this base for now on. After wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe system you should be able to just flash future releases over top without a problem. I have done this n past 2 releases and current release.

If you still have trouble let me know and i will look into this some more for you.

Hope i was helpful

I think until the cam works properly i'll stick to your MIUI.us_I9000_v4_2.7.23_Eng_Deo_ZipA version, cause it works fine on my i9000. It's the best working MIUI ROM on my phone since i started flashing ROMs.

• That's true, but the standalone LBE has the ability to determine how an app can access the Internet (WiFi, 3G or not). This feature will be helpful if an app does not run if it e.g. won't run if it cannot read your IMEI. So you can allow to read the IMEI but deny access to the internet.That's a feature I realy miss in MIUI.

Das Feature zum modifizieren des Internetzugangs gibt es auch. Es heißt Monitor (in der dt Version) oder Network Assistant (in der engl Version). Da kann man wie beim LBE Guard die Berechtigungen einstellen.

• Updated to 2.8.3 release. Fixed Video camera :)

Hi Brad.
    Sorry to inform you but the videocam did'nt work. I did full wipe. I could take pictures but the videocam was just black and when i pushed the record button i had a FC.
    By the way i tried to edit a Rom by myself to include apps like titanium backup (i know i'm doing this at my own risk). But i could not sign it. Could you tell me how you're doing this or give me a good link were it's explained.
    Thanks

• Hi Brad.
    Sorry to inform you but the videocam did'nt work. I did full wipe. I could take pictures but the videocam was just black and when i pushed the record button i had a FC.
    By the way i tried to edit a Rom by myself to include apps like titanium backup (i know i'm doing this at my own risk). But i could not sign it. Could you tell me how you're doing this or give me a good link were it's explained.
    Thanks

Hmm i dont seem to have that issue, i flashed on both devices of mine and works great no black screen.
    Try wipe cache and data/factory reset again and format system if you havent. dont know why not working for you.

To sign i use java

java -jar "%~dp0APK-Tools\signer.jar" "%~dp0APK-Tools\testkey.x509.pem" "%~dp0APK-Tools\testkey.pk8" "%~f1" "%~dp0Porting\Built\%~n1_Signed%~x1"

Change the name of directory's and path to zip. %~n1 is the ROM name called from another file change this to your ROM name.
    Its not needed to sign. Only reason i sign is to get tvout working. I resign every apk except gapps and then the .zip. if your not bothering with tvout then dont worie on signing :) just build and flash :) it gets complicated at times. resigning can sometimes send rom in bootloop or multiple force close with apk. its more a pain then a blessing at times.
    Sorry if i lack information its been a long time since i have to try and explain. can not remember were i find information i suggest google your questions they will always be same question asked :)

Try and keep this thread about the ROM thanks

• Hmm i dont seem to have that issue, i flashed on both devices of mine and works great no black screen.
    Try wipe cache and data/factory reset again and format system if you havent. dont know why not working for you.

I don't understand it either. But i tried again: "wipe cache and data/factory reset again and format system" and the cam did'nt work. I had no black when using the small front cam, but the normal cam it was black and when pressing the record button it crashed. Don't know why, i had just the ROM and nothing else installed.
    But still thank you for your effort.

• I have got a problem with the new version 2.8.3:
    Many apps don't work any more. Don't know what could have changed.. In the previous versions these apps worked..

By the way: How can I use the MIUI weather widget which is included in the ROM? When I pull it out to the homescreen it always says "Drücken um MIUI Weather zu installieren". (Press to install MIUI Weather). When I press the button it says "Anwendung ist nicht auf dem Telefon installiert" (Application is not installed on the phone).. How can I install it?

Hope you can fix the problem with the apps.

• Bei mir hat das leider nicht funktioniert.
    Habe nochmal wipe + cache ± dalvik gemacht und dann zuerst noch einmal das ROM und dann die Google Apps geflasht.
    Beim dritten Bootloop hab ich dann schließlich aufgegeben (habe jedes mal ca. 10 Minuten gewartet).
    Habe jetzt nochmal alles gelöscht und das ROM erneut geflasht.

Kann man da sonst noch was machen, um den Fehler zu beheben?

• Kann man da sonst noch was machen, um den Fehler zu beheben?

Also ich hab erstmal eine englischsprachige ROM installiert. Die läuft fehlerfrei.
    Mir hat Brad bei meinem Problem geraten, noch format system zu machen. Also im Recovery, dann Advanced und dann format system.
    Vielleicht hilft das ja.
    Ich probiere einfach jede Woche die deutsche ROM und bis da alles passt hab ich halt ne englische ROM.
    Hoffe ich konnte bisschen helfen.

• Hallo Leute,

Und zwar ist glaub ich mein Problem eher Allgemeiner Art, aber ich denke diese ROM ist auch ein Teil des Problems :)

Ich wollte einfach nur fragen, ob ihr MIUI v4 empfiehlt oder die "offizielle stable" Version für das SGS 1? Oder vielleicht ne ganz andere ?
    Also so alles in allem, heißt Features, Stabilität, Akku, Performance etc. ?

Vielen Dank für eure Antworten 8o

• Habe jetzt Full Wipe/Factory Reset + Wipe Cache Partition + Wipe Dalvik Cache gemacht und anschließend format /system.
    Nun habe ich wieder das ROM geflasht und anschließend reboot.
    Mein SGS startet zwar, jedoch funktioniert das mit den Apps immer noch nicht.

2.Versuch: wieder das ganze wie oben, nur vor dem rreboot hab ich noch die Google Apps geflasht, wie du vorher beschrieben hast.
    Leider habe ich dann wieder einen Bootloop und ich habe wieder alles zurück gesetzt und nur das ROM alleine geflasht..

Werde wohl auf eine neuere Version warten müssen. Hoffe es ist dann behoben. :/
    Trotzdem danke für deine Antworten!

• Das Feature zum modifizieren des Internetzugangs gibt es auch. Es heißt Monitor (in der dt Version) oder Network Assistant (in der engl Version). Da kann man wie beim LBE Guard die Berechtigungen einstellen.

michi408

Danke für den Tip! Der Punkt heißt "Multi Netzwerkkontrolle". Den habe ich irgendwie übersehen. :pinch:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!