[DEV]Mounting the data partition to SD-EXT before Android boots [TESTERS NEEDED]

• leute

wollt euch das hier mal vorstellen
    gut im mom nur für hd2 und paranoid jelly bean verfügbar
    aber die rom köche werden das wohl schnell in ihre roms einbinden können

endlich kein ärger mit a2sd und co

lest selber
    http://forum.xda-developers.com/showthread.php?t=1843062

finde dies einfach genial und es funzt auf dem hd2 echt geil

From what I have seen over a few days of using both the phones, the benefits of this method are:

Space - Obvisiouly. The 1GB/ 2GB/ 4GB sd-ext partition will be mounted as internal memory, instead of the usual /data partition from NAND
    Reliability - EXT4 partition is arguably more reliable than YAFFS2
    Working around Bad Blocks - Most of our phones would be having a bunch of bad blocks by now (lucky you, Hynix NAND folks!). With this method, the /data partition is mounted directly to the EXT partition in your SD Card, and the internal userdata NAND partition is untouched. This means you can create bigger system partitions to work your way around bad blocks. Incidently all the bad blocks my phone has is in the userdata partition - this might be so because that is the area that is written to the most.
    Performance - A fast SD Card gives better transfer speeds than NAND (My ParanoidAndroid build is noticeably faster after this modification, with my Class 6 Transcend SD Card with 4GB sd-ext partition)
    Simplicity - Don't have to worry about hoards of the a2sd scripts and their variants, and carry-out trial and error as to which ones work reliably with your ROM of choice. /data is transparently and natively mounted to sd-ext, so no more low-sound or other odd issues
    /data/data can be in the sd-ext partition, and ROM updates will not corrupt it like in some a2sd scripts
    Hassle-free - Whether an EU HD2 or TMoUS HD2, you set a large size for /system and forget about partitioning, as the internal userdata partition is not used at all and can be of whatever size. I am using 300 MB system in both my phones.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!