[ROM][I9000]MIUI v4.1 JellyBean Release

• Hi Brad, I've sent you 2 personal msgs for further informations about this. Decompile + edit + recompile seems to be difficult for me 'cause I haven't got no development environment (and no experience for that) on android. I hope my PMs would help ...

Thanks for your work, N.

• Hi Brad, I've sent you 2 personal msgs for further informations about this. Decompile + edit + recompile seems to be difficult for me 'cause I haven't got no development environment (and no experience for that) on android. I hope my PMs would help ...

Thanks for your work, N.

yes i receive your message i reply on you already :) thankyou very much for the translations it will make it much easier and faster for me now :) i will wait for next weeks release and see if they miss again. if so i know what translation now :)

Appreciate you taking the time to do this for me. thank you very much.

• Hi Brad,
    great job! I really appreciate your work & daily effort...!
    Please tell me:

1. is this rom including root?
    2. can I install ext4 manager?
    3. can I install "faster" kernel"; if yes..please which one? and how to install? via Odin?

Thanx a lot!

• yes this rom has root
    Do not know never tried it.
    yes you can use different compatible kernel. Semaphore or mackay kernel with cm10 partition. install via CWM

Hi Brad,

it seems to be a nice ROM. Unfortually GoogleMail is shutting down all the time. I came from an older JB ROM. Has anybody else a Problem with GMail App?

Thanks Flo

Gmail is shutting down because you must not have done a wipe. this happens because the version of Gmail you have on your device before install is different to what is being installed wile installing. because the rom contains gapps and gapps has not been updated with latest versions of google apps that exist on playstore you will always have force close without wipe.

This is the only reason i can think of on why this happens. i have same problem when i install without wipe. its always gmail.

• Hi Brad,
    thank you very much for quick reply.
    I will try to install semaphore kernel.. :-)
    BTW, I experienced, that several menue/submenue are still not translated into german...
    Can I support you in translation? Can you please tell me where/which files to extract???
    e.g. status bar...

Thanx a lot again.
    Regards, Micha

• So i flashed the rom from gingerbread. I've done follow steps:

• Format the SD-Card
    • Install ROM -> Abort (Partition Layout Error)
    • Install ROM again -> Reboot into CWM (Partition Layout set)
    • Install ROM again -> Success

ToDo List:

• Monitor App (Message after each reboot ("Anbieter"))
    • Very many (or much or something else?.. bad english..^^) english words

If you can say me, where i can change the strings ("USB Storage" -> "USB Speicher"), i would help translate.
    And, is there a guide for the Devil Kernel Manager? The memory settings are very interessting.. ;)

Mfg Dancger

• Yes thanks for feedback, the monitor app seems to be doing that on all the ports ive done so far. seems to be still there after this update in the us port. for the devil guide i dont know if there is a tutorial for that, gets a bit confusing i think.
    With the translation i think that was just a fault with miui-germany the might have rushed and overlooked it. If it persists in this release coming up tomorrow please post what was missed and the translation and i will get on to it right away and have it ready the following day or couple hours. Or if you are familiar with decompiling and compiling the usb strings should be found if its the statusbar usb storage should be systemui.apk or framework.apk not 100% sure the exact location, but they would be my first 2 choices. i would say systemui.apk

To others thank you very much for your assistance and translation offers. the more help the better :) if you know how to decompile and compile by all means im willing to guide you to were to find the required strings to be changed. :) If you do not know im sorry i have not that much time to teach you. My only advice would be to Google "how to decompile a android apk" there are plenty of tutorials out there to help you.
    Thankyou all once again :) appreciate your helping hand :)

• Hi Brad,
    thank you again for your answer...
    General question: do you prefer to communicate here or better at "miui.us"?
    Just thought, that at "miui.us" most items/questions are already answered ??? please state?

After using your rom for nearly 2 weeks, following "problems" emerged:

a) after booting/starting: phone needs neary 50-60 seconds time to find signal (German provider O2)..is this normal?
    b) just right after finding signal, following message is displayed "..bla bla, do you like to copy data/files from internal card to external sd card.. " 2x times displayed?
    c) after every start, while trying to connect wifi, I need to re-type wifi-security password...every day!

Brad, do you have some fix or improvements for a, b, c?

I would highly appreciate your feedback.
    Thanx , thanx a lot,
    micha

• No it does not matter were i communicate, When i finish work i check miui.us forums then check this then spend most my time on my website making help threads, tutorials for members and guests.

Those issues i dont seem to have,
    Can i ask what installation procedure you have taken? did you flash over stock gingerbread, CM9 based ICS or CM10 based Jellybean ROM?

b) sounds like your internal memory is getting full and ROM is trying to free some memory. but should show so many times.

c) this shouldn't have this problem at all

I would not know were to start but first of all, all i can suggest is reinstall. If you have updated apps they will probably force close. just go into settings > apps find the app in system apps tab and just force stop and clear data. this should stop the force close then update them again.

Sorry i could not have been of more assistance for you.

Anyway i am downloading the new nexus-s 2.10.12 version you can always wait for this release.

• 2.10.12 is released, Also uploading to Goo.im at moment.
    Changes
    back to semaphore kernel. (Flash other if you dont like Semaphore
    MIUI updated apk and framework.
    Android upgrade to 4.1.2 Jellybean
    Fixed language issue on first boot, Default is now German.
    Original lockscreen back.
    Zipaligned, resigned and optimized for smoother and speedy interface.

First boot may take a little longer than normal. It did for me but worth the wait, Hope you like the changes.

• hm,
    installation ended with error:

Opening update package...
    E:Can't open /sdcard/miui-ger_GALAXY-S_2.10.12_FULL_EN_DE_4.1_JellyHeff_Signed.zip
    (bad)
    Installation aborted...

downloading again to see if error persists...

EDIT:
    Download is now about 195MB again, before it was just about 166MB ?!
    Installed already -> working perfect -> THANX :)

• goo.im upload is now down try that link you might have better luck with that link, if you did download from there try the other link.

• I did really love the Devil Kernel. I did enable Deep IDLE and der battery life is AMAZING! I have sometimes lags but I'm pretty sure because of low memory. It would be great if you can make a more detailed Changelog next time (for example, note the reasons why you switch back to Semaphore).

Thanks for your time!

2.10.12 is released, Also uploading to Goo.im at moment.
    Changes
    back to semaphore kernel. (Flash other if you dont like Semaphore

• Kernel switching is also an issue for me.
    I just want to understand why devil is the choice for one release an semaphore for the next.
    I know - everyone has its preferences on kernels - but is there also a technical reason behind your decision which kernel you choose for which release?

• Hi Brad,

at first I have to say that this Rom is very good. Im using it since a week now and it's really stable and smooth. Thank you.

However I have a question about Google Now...Is there any Chance to get it working? Sometimes it even recognizes my words but then it closes.

P.S Flashing from previous Version worked like a charm without factory reset :D

• I switch to semaphore because i have the init.d scripts for enabling the features users never enable in the app, then send me personal messages about features not working and tell me to fix it. so i am forever repeating myslelf saying "enable the feature in the app". I dont have much spare time between work and personal life, so it gets tiring having to take the time to repeat myself. Buy using Semaphore i can have the features enabled on boot and dont have the problem i have with Devil3 i can add a config but semaphore is easier for me..
    I dont understand why flashing a different kernel is such a problem, you download the kernel and just flash reboot your done.
    Im using Devil3 now anyway, all i can say is check the app for the feature or option you want before saying stuff not working. (This forum has never been a problem for me it has been more of a sandy beach in the summer away from the tornado in winter on the other forum)

I originally proffer to use Mackay kernel because its stock and everything needed is enabled by default. No app is needed no scripts just pure stock with no hassels and everything just works as it should. but on ICS releases i got endless complaints about my kernel choice and demanded to use a different kernel. Also got demanded to add Aroma (not on this forum). Some people dont understand the work involved to add Aroma for someone like me that doesn't fully understand how it works YET. so it will not be added any time soon.
    i originally build the ROM to my liking for me and share to everyone else. it seems what i want doesnt count anymore and now my hobbie has turned to a Job that doesnt pay.

i thought i would share the BS i put up with on another forum :)

this forum is great no1 demands no1 complains, Just pure bug reports, questions and appreciation i love this forum for that it is such a pleasure to check this forum, Just when i start getting to the point of saying sorry that is it im over it. i come here check forum and get reminded why i do this :)

Thank you so much for the support its good to see im still appreciated :) Hope i actually answered your question in my little rant lol sorry for that,

• Hi Brad,
    flashing a different kernel is absolute no problem - i just want to understand the background for switching and i think i get it...

Thanx again for your great work!!!

BTW - is English or German the preferred language for this thread now?

• Hi Brad,
    flashing a different kernel is absolute no problem - i just want to understand the background for switching and i think i get it...

Thanx again for your great work!!!

BTW - is English or German the preferred language for this thread now?

Whatever is comfortable for the user to communicate in, it does not worrie me i understand bits of german (thanks to work mate :) ) i will reply in both german and then in english encase google translate jumble the sentence.
    I proffer english so i can reply while in lunch, but if it is easier to tell me what is happening in your native german that is fine by me. i can still work out what it is you are saying :) i just ask mate at work.

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!