Xiaomi Mi3- Bilder in raw (.dng) und 4k Videos

• Hey ho :)

Hier hab ich mal einen netten Workaround gefunden um RAW- Format Bilder (.dng) und 4K Videos aufzunehmen. Ist eine Externe APP aber ich glaube damit holt man das beste aus der Cam raus (wenn man es möchte). Alles ist auf Englisch, verständlich geschrieben und es gibt gleich Lösungen, da die MIUI Gallery keine raw formate anzeigen kann.

----------------------

Hi Guys!

Honestly, our Mi3 is not Xiaomi's flagship phone anymore. But it doesn't mean its not awesome still.

Now, have you ever wondered about what your Mi3's camera can do further?
    Fret no longer! Let me help you with that.
    FYI: Our MI3's Camera Sensor is a Sony IMX135.

The same camera sensor shared by:
    Samsung Galaxy Note, A5, & S4,
    Motorola Moto X (2014),
    Sony Xperia ZL & ZR,
    Lenovo K900 & Vibe Z
    Oppo Find 5

I don't want to "GEEK' you out guys, so let me get this to you straight.

1. It can capture images in RAW Bayer Format (DNG).

What is RAW, and why would you want to use it?
    RAW is a lossless file format that captures all image data recorded by the sensor when you take a photo. When shooting in a format like in JPG or PNG, most of the image information is compressed and lost. Because no information is compressed with RAW, it means that you’re able to produce higher quality images, as well as correct problem images that would be unrecoverable if shot in the JPEG format.

Therefore, RAW is more friendly to post-processing and image correction than JPEG.

Learn more about RAW here:
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Bayer_filter
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raw_image_format

But why is there no native option for RAW format in my MI3?
    In 2013, when the MI3 was announced, it was a promised feature, but sadly, it did not push through. The details on why its not implemented, that i cannot answer. But what I can say is that though this software walk-around, we can finally capture photos with our MI3 in RAW format. The way it should be!
    Here's the Workaround:

Use MI2raw Camera App

This app lets you capture images in lossless RAW format (*.dng)
    Much like in MIUI camera, it has options for
    Manual Exposure Value Adjustment,
    Manual ISO,
    Manual Banding Adjustment,
    Auto Exposure (AE) lock,
    and Zoom Preview.

Lossless goodness!

But wait:
    Be aware that the MIUI Gallery App doesn't support RAW previewing, so here are 2 ways to view them:

1. Use Raw Decoder Free. . Download it free from the Play Store.
    or
    2. Copy the RAW file (*.dng) to your PC
    To do just that: Connect your phone to your PC via your USB cable, then go to Internal Storage > DCIM > Mi2RAW
    and copy the files to your PC storage.

then Use Photoshop to edit them

Nice feature right?

2. It can record 4K videos in 28-30 FPS

whoa whoa! wait up.. did i read 4k?

yup! you read it right! 4K as in 3840 by 2160 pixel of video glory!
    Just like Samsung Galaxy Note 3 which shares the same camera sensor with Mi3, it can capture in 4K.
    (although unofficially)

Here's the Workaround:
    the IMX135 supports 4K recording through a 3rd party app called

Cinema FV-5

(of course there are other Camera Apps that claim the same, but not as satisfiying as this one.)

It's a paid app, but its worth paying for cause it's awesome.
    What does it do? It's an app that basically unlocks all the video capabilities of your camera sensor! Thus the 4K support.

You can see for yourself! Here's a 4K Sample video i shot with my MI3

Externer Inhalt www.youtube.com
    Inhalte von externen Seiten werden ohne Ihre Zustimmung nicht automatisch geladen und angezeigt.
    Durch die Aktivierung der externen Inhalte erklären Sie sich damit einverstanden, dass personenbezogene Daten an Drittplattformen übermittelt werden. Mehr Informationen dazu haben wir in unserer Datenschutzerklärung zur Verfügung gestellt.

and here's the Video Profile.

But Honestly, 4K videos are not practical as of yet. And since the MI3 has a limited, non-expandable storage memory, it wouldn't be wise to capture videos in 4k.

But hey, its nice to know that it works, right?
    -------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Always Remember: Stay Smart! Stay Informed!
    'Til next time,
    Iakwbos

-----TIPP-----
    Bilder in RAW-Formaten kann man mit den neueren Photoshop-Versionen in Camera-Raw die Bilder grob korrigieren. Lightroom macht das auch.

Hier der LINK:
    http://en.miui.com/thread-92293-1-1.html

Hier geht mein Dank an den Moderator im MIUI English Forum :

iakwbos

Liebe Grüße

Sayuri :)) :P:thumbup::thumbup:

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!