brad heffernan Mi-Padawan
  • Mitglied seit 3. Juni 2012
  • Letzte Aktivität:

Beiträge von brad heffernan

Ich bin nicht sicher, noch nie versucht, könnte es jemanden, der diese Frage, die vor getan hat beantworten können. traurig

I am unsure never attempted this, there might be someone that can answer this question that has done before. sorry

Maybe you are right, I should be more precise. After booting the phone it takes about 30 - 60 seconds system is scanning USB for errors (shown by icon in status bar). After that, and also a whole lot of minutes after that, the internal sdcard isn't mounted. File Explorer shows nothing but "No available SD Card, please insert one or unmount from USB mass storage mode" for /storage/sdcard0 (only shown by the small busy circle permanently turning) and . The external SD Card (/storage/sdcard1/) is available. Miui Music Widget shows "Sorry, your SD card is busy. Please ..".
    So I dig into settings - storage and there are only two storage device mounted (internal 512MB and external SD Card). I am able to push "Mount USB storage", wait a couple of secoonds and voila, everything works fine as it should do.
    Every time my phone is rebooting, I have to mount the internal sd card manually. I suffer from this bug already on several JB-Roms I tested the last weeks... I always do a complete wipe (factory reset, cache, dalvik cache and sometimes I also use lippols ultimate kernel cleaning script 4, if the kernel is going to be changed...
    Is this just me and my phone? :whistling:

Any help is appreciated ...

searge

I am sorry to say this but i have no problem like this after about 30 seconds gallery shows all images on internal and external sdcards and file explorer lists all files and folders from internal sdcard. i do not know what the problem is for you or why this is happening for you.
    Maybe on next release that should be available soon (Totally forgot to upload Sorry guys) try to wipe system, data/factory reset and cache partition before install. maybe something from a previous rom is preventing the sdcard from mounting automatically, you seem to be the only person that has mentioned this since the JB release. It has been playing on my mind all week, even if i dont make the changes in the framework-res.apk for the system to read external SDCard the internal sdcard still mounts.

storage_list.xml reads sdcard0 by default, sdcard0 is what JB ROM reads as internal sdcard. so as you can see this is totally confusing me lol

Hi Brad,

you are right, 2.9.11 is faster than 2.9.7 (and German language is back for me). I think there is still room to get it faster (i.e. have a look at Hellybean).
    Nevertheless the automount on boot problem for internal sdcard still persists.

After 1 - 2 minutes of rom booted (after sdcard reading and error check, the time depends on size and amount of stuff you have i.e music and so forth. (Sometimes you may need to wait a little longer)) do you see content from sdcard in gallery or file manager? i do and believe most others do to, to me that means it is working. other then that i am unsure as to what you mean by it is not mounting im sorry. Can you let me know a bit more as to what you mean please. Sorry for not fully understanding this mate.

Thankyou for the feedback appreciate you take time to inform me. There is german language included look in Settings > language & input > language you will see :

Deutsch (Deutschland)
    Deutsch (liechtenstein)
    Deutsch (osterreich)
    Deutsch (Schweiz)
    English
    Chinese

There is a new version currently being built that should have solved those issues, also added TVOUT, 3-way Reboot option on power button press and Zipaligned so should be much faster and no lag. Updated to latest Mackay Kernel as well.

Will post when uploaded should be in the next hour

Dies ist eine Portierung des MIUI-germany.de Nexus S Release läuft 4.1.2 Firmware

MIUI-GERMANY.DE VERSION

MIUI JellyBean 2.10.26 for GT-I9000 Galaxy S

Installationsanleitung:

FROM PREVIOUS VERSION WITH NEW CM10 PARTITION LAYOUT (2.9.29 + to future releases )

• ROM .zip auf die SD Karte kopieren
    • In das Recovery booten
    • Backup erstellen
    • Cache partitionen wipen und auf Werkseinstellungen zurücksetzen!
    • I.zip installieren
    • Die Installation wird starten und dann zurück ins Recovery booten! Jetzt nicht in Panik geraten!
    • Rebooten
    • Fertig! Viel Spaß mit JB auf eurem SGS!

Installation noch nicht unter GB getestet! Macht zur Sicherheit erst ein Update auf ICS (oder JB) und installiert diese ROM erst dann!

FROM PREVIOUS VERSION WITHOUT NEW CM10 PARTITION LAYOUT (2.9.21 & below to 2.9.29 & above)

• Place ROM zip file in your SD card
    • Boot into recovery
    • Create a backup
    • Fatory reset device + cache partition
    • Install zip from SD card
    • At this point it will error (Dont panic just install zip from SDCard again)
    • It will start installation then reboot (dont panic) At this point it will stay on kernel screen and go no further
    • Reboot your device with 3button combo and install zip from SDCard again [Blockierte Grafik: http://i722.photobucket.com/al…ks/I9000_Germany_3btn.png]
    • When installation is complete install zip from SDCard again
    • Once complete Reboot and enjoy!
    • Now you are running MIUI JellyBean

This process is needed because we will be running the new CM10 partition layout. Future release version you will just follow "FROM PREVIOUS VERSION WITH NEW CM10 PARTITION LAYOUT" installation procedure.

Installation from Gingerbread ROM. (Credits to "Dancger" for this installation procedure)

• Place ROM zip file in your SD card
      • Boot into recovery
      • Create a backup
      • Fatory reset device + cache partition
      • Install ROM -> Installation fail (Partition Layout Error)
      • Install ROM again -> Device will now Reboot and get stuck on kernel (Reboot to Recovery with 3button Combo)
      • Install ROM again -> Success
      • Install ROM once more to make sure then reboot.

NOTE
        If updating from previous JellyBean version without new partition layout you must wipe and follow installation carefully..

Bekannte Probleme:

[LIST]

• Updater funktioniert nicht! (Entfernt)

• Kurze Unterbrechung zwischen Kernel Logo und Bootanimation

• Entfernen Mi-Voice (Still arbeitet an einem Fix)

• sonst nichts :)

Diese ROM ist ein Port von der offiziellen JB Release des Nexus S. Wenn ihr Bugs findet, dann postet sie in das Nexus Forum!

Downloads

Macht bitte keine Mirrors und verlinkt wen nötig auf dieses Forum!
      2.10.24 - DOWNLOAD
      DropBox - DOWNLOAD
      NOTE:
      In future please allow the Upload to finish before you download the file. (LOOK AT FILE SIZE) I seen 2 downloads when the file had only reached 105.6 MB the actual size of the ROM is 194.3 MB.
      If this was you and you are getting corrupt error on install please download again.

Changelog:

[LIST]

• Nexus-S als Base-ROM

• Upgrade Android 4.1.2

• Neuster Mackay Kernel 0.78

• Basiert auf der MIUI Version

• New CM10 Partitionslayout

• VSYNC Patch hinzugefügt

• EMMC mounting gefixt

• Musik Force Close gefixt

• changed lwp to default wallpaper

• TVOUT hinzugefügt

• 4-Way-Reboot Menü hinzugefügt

• Zipaligned

• Einige .apk’s enfernt um das .zip File kleiner zu machen und einen schnelleren Boot zu ermöglichen!

• New Locksreen für Leistung

• Entfernen gapps (enthalten google apps von nexus-s)

• Daten, wifi, Scrollen und andere Leistung und Geschwindigkeit Tweaks

• DSPManager hinzugefügt

Thanks
    Andy: Für seine große Hilfe, als ich mit Arbeit überschwemmt war :)
    julbra18: Für seinen großen Übersetzung von meinem Thread, ich bin sehr dankbar für Ihre Zeit und Mühe

Spenden:
    Ein großer Dank an alle Spender!

Screenshots

[box=green][/box]

I'm unsure as to why you are flashing cm10 this is for jelly bean. This rom is ics you must be running cm9 then wipe data/factory reset and wipe cache partition then flash the rom this procedure should work. Some find wipe system before flash rom works for them as well.

Im

Hi Brad,

I really appreciate your work. One question ... I just read that next MIUI release for Nexus S and Nexus Galaxy will be based on Jelly Bean (according to change-log).
    Is there any chance to continue your work (porting Nexus MIUI to SG-S) with the new base included ... well I like "butter" ... currently running X-Bean (JB Port for SG-S).
    Maybe you can ask Andy if it is possible or not.

regards,
    searge

currently checking into that now, Currently downloading a JB base and the new china nexus-s release to do some testing, hopefully shouldnt be to difficult. will see how it goes.
    Because the Nexus-s MIUIv4 has been updated to JB hopefully the porting process will be the same with the JB Base,

Hallo, seit dem Update auf die 2.8.10 habe ich ein Problem bei der Installation neuer Apps.
    Folgende Fehlermeldung wird ausgegeben "Freigegebene Bibliothek fehlt".

Ist dies nur bei mir ein so, oder hat noch jemand dieses Problem.
    Vielleicht gibt es ja auch schon ein Lösung dazu.
    Danke schom mal!!!

Wussten Sie Wischen Daten / factory reset, und wischen Sie Cache-Partition vor dem Update? Dies könnte das Problem sein.

Hi Brad. I don't understand it.
    I tried the new version and again video recording FC. I can make pics but no videos. I did factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, format system + format datadata.
    But still doesn't work on my SGS.
    Now after re-installing your MIUI.us ROM the camera has the same problem.
    Do you have any ideas what i could try, i'm really disturbed by that, cause i like your ROM but somehow can't get it to work.

Thanks

I don't understand why your the only one with problems.in this.area . I don't know what to do to be honest .

To others it is best to flash on top of ics rom.. with only wipe data factory reset and wipe cache partition

Thank you for your reply, I looked one weak for a great ICS MIUI ROM and I decided for yours since I heard that your ROM is the best from a lot of people.
    Looks great as well, thank you developer :thumbsup:

Then I will wait for later today to flash it and maybe if it's necessary to give a feedback !

Greets

Thanks i appreciate your gratitude. Im currently tackling boot loop issue on latest release. I am sure i have fixed it just building the ROM as i type this, so hopefully if all is well we will have a Update within the hour :)

And YES!!!! please please give feedback, Feedback is what helps improve the ROM and eliminate the BUGS. If there is no feedback then i dont know what to look into to fix or to just leave alone because it works well..

The more feedback the better. ( Positive is better :D LOL )

Appreciate all the feedback so far thank you very much to those that are supporting this ROM thanks a lot guys / Girls :)

Kommt jede Woche so am Sonntag ein neues Update hier rein ??

Dann warte ich lieber bis morgen auf das neue Update und mach n clean Install .. ?

Ja, es gibt jede Woche ein Update als MIUI.com Update. Sobald MIUI-germany.de gab es machen zu aktualisieren, werde ich dann mein Update. Dies wird von Sonntag für mich passieren, damit diese Aktualisiert ROM

Yes, every week there is an update as MIUI.com update. Once miui-germany.de have make there update, I will then make my update. This will happen by sunday for me to make Updated this ROM.