michi408 Mi-Newbie
  • Mitglied seit 22. Januar 2012
  • Letzte Aktivität:

Beiträge von michi408

Hi Brad.
    Now with the new partition layout i like the MIUI JB version.

after:
    Wipe data/factory resetwipe cache partition
    format system
    then install .zip
    for a second time the problems are gone.

one question remains: after reboot the data conection is always off...

Hi Brad. I don't understand it.
    I tried the new version and again video recording FC. I can make pics but no videos. I did factory reset, wipe cache, wipe dalvik cache, format system + format datadata.
    But still doesn't work on my SGS.
    Now after re-installing your MIUI.us ROM the camera has the same problem.
    Do you have any ideas what i could try, i'm really disturbed by that, cause i like your ROM but somehow can't get it to work.

Thanks

Kann man da sonst noch was machen, um den Fehler zu beheben?

Also ich hab erstmal eine englischsprachige ROM installiert. Die läuft fehlerfrei.
    Mir hat Brad bei meinem Problem geraten, noch format system zu machen. Also im Recovery, dann Advanced und dann format system.
    Vielleicht hilft das ja.
    Ich probiere einfach jede Woche die deutsche ROM und bis da alles passt hab ich halt ne englische ROM.
    Hoffe ich konnte bisschen helfen.

Hmm i dont seem to have that issue, i flashed on both devices of mine and works great no black screen.
    Try wipe cache and data/factory reset again and format system if you havent. dont know why not working for you.

I don't understand it either. But i tried again: "wipe cache and data/factory reset again and format system" and the cam did'nt work. I had no black when using the small front cam, but the normal cam it was black and when pressing the record button it crashed. Don't know why, i had just the ROM and nothing else installed.
    But still thank you for your effort.

Updated to 2.8.3 release. Fixed Video camera :)

Hi Brad.
    Sorry to inform you but the videocam did'nt work. I did full wipe. I could take pictures but the videocam was just black and when i pushed the record button i had a FC.
    By the way i tried to edit a Rom by myself to include apps like titanium backup (i know i'm doing this at my own risk). But i could not sign it. Could you tell me how you're doing this or give me a good link were it's explained.
    Thanks

That's true, but the standalone LBE has the ability to determine how an app can access the Internet (WiFi, 3G or not). This feature will be helpful if an app does not run if it e.g. won't run if it cannot read your IMEI. So you can allow to read the IMEI but deny access to the internet.That's a feature I realy miss in MIUI.

Das Feature zum modifizieren des Internetzugangs gibt es auch. Es heißt Monitor (in der dt Version) oder Network Assistant (in der engl Version). Da kann man wie beim LBE Guard die Berechtigungen einstellen.

Hi Brad, thanks for your answers.

Sorry i totally forgot to answer your language pack question.

I am currently looking into adding multilanguage but everything i have found about adding language packs involves editing every apk on the rom. im sorry i dont have the time to do this. im sure there is another way and hope there is i am not going to stop looking tho.
    What language pack are you referring to?

I would like to have a german version. I don't know about the .apk files. On my phone a lot of apps have german languge. Its more the settings and file explorer that i'd like to have in german.

yes the video camera is ongoing and im trying to get the miui-germany camera working. i usually copy over the camera.apk from my miui.us rom. i want to make the german apk work. i will continue copy over the other camera.apk on future release until i find out why this one not work right.

the bootloop shouldnt happen. maybe on next release or if you want to try this release again. when you wipe, wipe the system as well you should only have to do this once for i have found a working base and will be keeping this base for now on. After wipe data/factory reset, wipe cache, wipe system you should be able to just flash future releases over top without a problem. I have done this n past 2 releases and current release.

If you still have trouble let me know and i will look into this some more for you.

Hope i was helpful

I think until the cam works properly i'll stick to your MIUI.us_I9000_v4_2.7.23_Eng_Deo_ZipA version, cause it works fine on my i9000. It's the best working MIUI ROM on my phone since i started flashing ROMs.

I tried 2.7.27 here's my feedback:
    - Videocamera is still not working - can only make pictures
    And there's a big problem for me: After using it for a while, and then when trying to reboot i experience bootloop. That happened to me with the 2.7.25 version and yesterday with the new version as well. The only solution i found was re
    installation.

Right now i'm using your MIUI.us_I9000_v4_2.7.23_Eng_Deo_ZipA version and it works fine for me. I was wondering if thers is a way to give this ROM a language pack...

thanks for your quick answer, i'll try a new gapps version.
    i tried another version and it works with the market. thanks a lot.
    Another questions: I've used LBE privacy guard with MIUI v2. now with MIUI v4 "active protection sevice" is not working.

Hi Brad. Thanks for your Rom, i like it. But i have a Problem with the Market(Google Play). My device does'nt get recognised properly by the market and so i'm unable to download some very usefull apps i used to have. And there's still an issue with the cam, i can take pictures but not record videos.