[ROM][I9000]MIUI v4.1 JellyBean Release

• I was trying to install the ROM from GB. And that's the result: :D

- I've formatted the full SD Card.
    - Start Installing
    - Abort (Partition Layout Error) (I'll flash GB and then i can upload a picture, a friend takes one)
    - Again start installing
    - Reboot after a half second
    - Hangs on " Bootloader"

Recovery doesn't work anymore :P

Edit: Recovery work's. But very very slow.. :thumbsup:

Now i'll flash GB and then i can upload the image.

Edit 2:
    Well, i've flashed JB again (directly after crashing) and boom, it runs.
    Good Job, works all i've tested until now. Later I'll give you feedback =)

BTW: The Link to our ICS ROM is down. That's why i flashed direct from GB.

My English is not the best, but i will that YOU can write in your "primary" language ;)
    Greeez Dancger

• Thankyou very much for taking the time to write in my primary language make understanding your problem much easier. I have never tested install over GB im happy you have it working now.

In future if you come from GB rom it will be better to flash a stock ics rom like ICS333 2.0.1 or another Jellybean ROM without partition layout. :)

If you have a process for install from GB i would be appreciative if you can write the installation process. i will add your process to #1post with credit to you :)
    \Thankyou for your feedback i respect you taking the time to inform me of this. I have mentioned that you must be from Jellybean rom before installing this version 2.9.29 you must have much courage :D lol

• Very good ROM, very fast and until now no FC's, bur:

• I've only 512 MB RAM and 412 MB are already used (After Cleaner) :denk:
    • Mi Voice doesn't work ("MIUI not found") :eek:
    • Face Unlock doesn't work (I can configure the face unlock, but if unlocked the device theres no face unlock. Just the PIN) :whistling:
    • Now the On / Off Button doesn't work :huh: --> And now I got a reboot (USB Transfer still going, while rebooting :lol: )

That's all at the Moment. :P

Thanks for this ROM, like it =)

Greez Dancger

• yes the mi voice is a mystery not sure if it is the new partition, the face unlock i have been meaning to remove it for a while just keep forgeting :) not sure about usb tethering i dont seem to have that issue. On / Off button? not sure what you mean there mate.

• Vielleicht das Modem?

Ja, das ist das Modem. GPS, Service Empfang und Daten auf dem Modem, das Sie laufen basiert. Ich habe Wochen Empfang mit dem Modem mit diesem rom verpackt. aber meine Träger erfordert 850 band, so i installieren benutzerdefinierte Modems, die mir einen besseren Empfang und Geschwindigkeit der Datenübertragung

Yes that is the Modem. GPS, service reception and data is based on the modem you are running. I have week reception with the modem packed with this rom. but my carrier requires 850 band so i install custom modem which give me better reception and data transfer speed

• On / Off button? not sure what you mean there mate.

Screen On Off Button on the right side ;) [Power Button]

I will you give Feedback for each App.

App which works:

App's that don't works: :sos:

• Camera: Videorecord stocks sometime (video hangs then (frozen) --> Pictures and Panorama works fine
    • Youtube crashe's on startup (FC)
    • MiVoice (Already said)
    • Compass doesn't work because of the calibration with the 8 failed
    • Torch (You can remove, no SG1 have one ;) )

Features that doesnt work:

• Data Connection --> Turn Off doesnt work, i recieve frequently messages over the internet
    • Face Unlock works only if i turn on with the Powerbutton. If i turn on the Handy over the Home Button, Faceunlock dont work.

I tell you if i found more bugs or some else ;)

Buz: --> Good Job, if you remove this bugs that will be a (more) awesome ROM. 8)

Greez Dancger

• Thanks for feedback.
    Can you do me a favor and install again. coming from GB maybe some features are not working because of that. the only bugs i have encountered are :
    MiVoice
    Compass
    faceunlock

Everything else is working fine.

When you install can you install with

Wipe data/factory reset
    wipe cache partition
    format system
    then install .zip

youtube
    data
    camera (video record)
    These work fine on my end.

It is always best to install twice. Once install complete install again when upgrading from previous firmware. sometimes not everything installs correctly this way you can make sure it does.
    After you try this if problems still exist i will look into how i will fix them.
    MiVoice is top priority right now, Faceunlock will be getting removed. i have been looking at removing it on ICS builds. Compass is a miui fault would not know were to start for fixing that app

• Hi Brad.
    Now with the new partition layout i like the MIUI JB version.

after:
    Wipe data/factory resetwipe cache partition
    format system
    then install .zip
    for a second time the problems are gone.

one question remains: after reboot the data conection is always off...

• Steht doch im Thread dass es nicht geht. Die genaue Ursache scheint noch unklar zu sein.

hells

Mit dem Kontinuum-Transfunktionator gesendet

• hatte eben ein eigenartiges Verhalten:

Gestern deine ROM erstmalig installiert (komme von Andys 2.9.7) -> hat bis jetzt auch gut funktioniert.

Wollte eben Dropbox einrichten - also Eingabe der Kontodaten - mit Fertig bestätigt -> hotboot?!

Nach dem Boot ist Dropbox aber OK...

EDIT: nach dem hotboot ist die Datenverbindung auch wieder disabled - wurde aber glaube ich schon mal angesprochen...

• Hallo Brad

und erst mal riesen Dank für dieses tolle ROM. Ich hab es seit ein paar Tagen drauf (2.10.), alles ging problemlos und bis auf MiVoice (was ist das?) geht auch alles.

Die Übersetzung ins Deutsche ist ja an vielen Stellen (Einstellungen - Untermenüs, Telefon-App ...) nicht durchgängig und englisch geblieben. Meine Frage: kann man da selbst Hand anlegen und z.B. Sprachdateien (wenn es sowas gibt) selbst anpassen?

Schönes Wochenende, Norbert

--------------------------

Hi Brad
    at first thanks for the superb ROM. I've flashed it some days ago (at Oct. 2nd), there were no problems when flashing and everyting is running well - but MiVoice (what is that for?).

The german translation is left unfinished at some places (sub menus in settings, phone app ...), there is a lot of english. My question is: can I do this myself by editing some language files (if there're any)?

Have a nice Weekend, Norbert

• I dont know what myvoice is for but its causing big issues cant work out what it needs to function, becoming a pain.

Translate yourself?
    Yes you can, the translation is within the apps themselves. you can decompile the app make the translated changes in the values-de/strings.xml file.
    Because my german is very little i can not do this. if i had someone on google talk that can translate the words for me i will do this for you.

Or another option is to post the app and words or sentance that did not translate and what that word or sentence is in german and i will make the changes. :)
    Example:

Phone :
    dialing > Wählen

Thanks hope this helps.

• New version is currently uploading with many new tweaks for performance and speed, removed gapps and left standard google apps from nexus-s, REASON: gapps wasnt latest versions, will add again when the zips are updated.
    Added Devil3 1.6.1 (latest kernel with configuration app. removed MiVoice i can not get this to work, i will try again when next weeks release.

The MIUI version has not changed due to there on holiday for week so no miui have been update i just wanted to give everyone what i have worked so far.

I will post when the upload is completed Hope your all happy with this release. :)

• 2.10.5 is now uploaded contains 2.9.29 apk's
    Changes include:
    Remove Mi-Voice.apk (Still working on making this work)
    Remove GAPPS (Contains stock google with Nexus-S release)
    New Devil3 kernel (Flash the kernel of your choice.)
    New Tweaks for data performance, Wifi strength, scrolling speed and more

Hope you all enjoy :)

WOW 5 downloads when the ROM was not uploaded completely :pinch: :lol:

• MiVoice doesnt work on Custom Roms, because it have a "Kopierschutz" (copy protected)

hells

Gesendet von meinem GT-I9300 mit Tapatalk 2

Jetzt mitmachen!

Sie haben noch kein Benutzerkonto auf unserer Seite? Registrieren Sie sich kostenlos und nehmen Sie an unserer Community teil!